|Full Name||Lydia Jay York|
|Nickname(s)|| Lejla (stripper name)|
The Bosnian Beauty (stripper nickname)
Savannah Reign (porn star name)
|Age||15-16 (season three)|
|Date of Birth||December 2, 1999|
|Family|| Stacey York (mother)|
|School(s)||Woodsville High School|
|First Episode||Season Three|
|Portrayed By||Taylor Momsen|
Lydia Jay York is a main character on Glee: The New Touch and a sophomore attending Woodsville High School. She was created by TheWordyBirdy and is portrayed by Taylor Momsen.
Lydia was born to a single mother in the bad area of New London, Connecticut. Her mother, Stacey was working as a prostitute at the time of Lydia's conception and claims she has no clue who the father could be, but secretly has an idea. Lydia's childhood was difficult, her mother would have several different men over the house, some clients, and some part-time lovers. She'd stay far away from her mother's clients but she was forced to interact with her mother's boyfriends. They'd hit her, drink and take drugs with her mother, and then hit Lydia and her mother. It was terrible, and Lydia would often just lay in bed, and listen to music. Listening to music cleared her head from the world she was living in. Having a drug addict prostitute mother, frequent boyfriends of her mother abusing her, and living below the poverty line was hard for a child.
Lydia instantly comes off as a quiet, depressed, bookish girl when you first meet her, but as you get to know her she comes out of her shell. Inside, is a confident, over-the-top girl who truly loves to sing. She's extremely insecure about her home-life and slightly stubborn about it, not talking about it to anyone or getting help for herself or her mother.
- Lydia tracks down her father and gives him a visit, she learns that he's a married father who was married at the time of her conception with a newborn child. She must contemplate whether to actually speak to him and possibly ruin his life or never talk to him, keeping him safe and still unknowing of her existence.
- Lydia's mom overdoses and ends up in the hospital. She could die or not. If she dies, Lydia moves in with a friend in the Freakshows.
- Lydia's mom gets pregnant by another client, and Lydia feels horrible about this. She doesn't want another kid to have to go through what she had to go through as a child, and things are bittersweet when she has to comfort her mother who must deal with a miscarriage after falling down a flight of stairs.
- When money gets tight in her household, Lydia begins stripping at a local strip club, but when her and her mother still can't pay the pills she begins acting in pornographic films, despite being underage, hoping to get the money.
Lydia performs mainly rock music in addition to indie and some R&B. Her musical idols are Green Day, Black Veil Brides, My Chemical Romance, Nirvana, All Time Low, and Of Mice and Men.
- "Famous Last Words" by My Chemical Romance (audition song)
- "Basket Case" by Green Day
- "Remembering Sunday" by All Time Low feat. Juliet Simms